Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Home

 
With the weather getting warmer, I decided to change the quilt on the back of the couch to the Golden Zebras, and put out the yellow pillows that inspired it.

I also replaced the winter tent with Millie's spring version. As soon as I set it up, she climbed in, and has been napping there since.



Over the weekend, I changed out the quilt on my table. This is Hidden Treasure by my pal Julie Sefton. She made it when I was planning to teach my first class on free pieced letters. "Send me your duds," she had written, "and I'll make a quilt out of them." I did, and for the month of April it will grace my dining room table.

There isn't anything different about any of the quilts I use on my table, they're just normal quilts. So how come I decided to use a quilt as a tablecloth? Whatever gave me the idea?  Let me tell you.

Way back in 2013 I traveled to St Louis Missouri to give a talk and teach a class at Quintessential Quilts 2013. Instead of traveling directly to St Louis, I flew to Memphis instead. Julie and I would drive up to St Louis together. What a great way to get to know each other! Spend the five hours in the car yakking!! So I flew to Memphis and stayed overnight at Julie's house. The next morning, when I went down for breakfast, look what I saw! It was a quilt covering the table.

You all know how I tell you to take pictures whenever you see anything that inspires you, well, that's exactly what I did.

Just another way Julie and I inspire each other.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great smile-inducing comment. And there was even a real live newspaper on the table (now we have our tablets and online papers). The Golden Zebras look grand on your couch.

Just Ducky said...

MILLIE!!!!! Good to see you Miss M.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your settee/couch looks perfect :)

Robby said...

Those bright spots of yellow feel like sunshine flooded into your home. Perfect for this time of year (and maybe, especialy this year).

You and Julie have me thinking about what might be a happy quilt for dining table. What better way to get just what I want there?