Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Quick! What Do You See?

If you look quickly you see a block of pink and a white print. And you would be correct.

You would also be wrong. As you can see here, there are two pinks and two prints. (Gonna have to turn these two upside down though, because right now the llamas and dinos are upside down and we can't have that...)

 
Regular readers know I like to reward viewers of my quilts with surprises. In these blocks I have deliberately blurred the line. I have chosen fabrics that look a lot alike, but aren't exactly alike. I have  chosen pairs that have some clear differences, because I want viewers to do the discovering on their own. You are MEANT to see the differences.

This is where the idea came from. After I sewed up the first Zebras quilt, I had a lot of pieces left over, and I wondered if I could do something with them. The layout was mildly interesting, but the way some of the blocks seemed to blend together (second row from the top) is what really got my attention, so that's what I am aiming for. I do not know if I will "float" the blocks like the example above. I'll make blocks and see what they look like.

I can't go too far with this, though.

 My bobbin bin is empty.


LOL!




4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hate it when my bobbins are all empty! Feels so good when they're filled and ready to go . . .

Loving the mix of fabrics in these latest pairings - sophisticated and fun.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The fabric mix is fun. All those shapes combine in so many combos.

Ann said...

Clever fabric choices, Lynn. My bobbins are almost all full... of threads I don't need right now.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love what's going on here !