Saturday, January 18, 2020

Sweet Sixteen


I now have sixteen basic blocks. I want more so I'll have more variety, so I'm not done quite yet.

I've had a fat quarter of that center fabric for at least a dozen years. It isn't what you think of when you think of brown, but I think it fits in.

I love this brown outer fabric. I bought some of it for a quilt I made a couple of years ago, and then I saw the bolt on the sale rack later. Had to take more of that home!

Fabric about making stuff. That was a no-brainer!

You can see where this is going here, where I have lots of pictures of my Slashed Squares quilts, and if you want the tutorial for these quilts, you can get it here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.

I'm excited about the way this is turning out.

(Just a reminder that you can click the photos and then click again for more detail)

1 comment:

Ann said...

I had that same brown center fabric for a while, too. Old home week. Blue and brown combine beautifully here.