Sunday, January 19, 2020

Eighteen and Cut!

After I made 18 blocks, I decided I had enough.

After braving the crowds at the grocery store, pharmacy and gas station (a snowstorm was due to hit about 5 PM and everybody wanted to get their shopping done and be back home before it started), I got home put a chicken in the oven to roast, went into the studio and started cutting up the blocks.


After dinner I went into the studio, turned on PBS and "watched" Howard's End and Sanditon on Masterpiece Theatre while I rearranged the pieces and set the blocks up on the design wall. These aren't sewn together. In the top photo there are three blues that touch each other where four blocks meet. That will change. That has already changed, as you can see in the second photo.

This layout is by no means set. The pieces in the rearranged blocks aren't even sewn together. The block in the upper left is too dark and the one in the lower right is too light. Now the fun will really begin, however this gives me a good idea of what it will look like and I am already happy with it


If you want to make a Slashed Squares quilt, you can get the tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. You can see other photos of these quilts here.


1 comment:

Ann said...

I hope you came through the storm well. It sounds like you got all your supplies. They are good times to sew and read - as long as the electricity is on. That's always a problem when we get a hurricane.