Monday, January 20, 2020

Shuffle Along

As I have said before, just getting all your blocks up on the design wall is only a start.

I got up Sunday morning and went into the studio to look at what I had put up on the design wall. I didn't like the areas where dark values spread across two or three blocks. The first thing was to move those around. I try to make sure there aren't any "blobs" of areas of too much dark, or "holes" of too much light.

I also want to make sure the blues and the browns were evenly distributed throughout the quilt. I also try to avoid the same print to close to itself in adjacent blocks. It can't always be helped, but I do try.

This is what I have after an awful lot of tinkering.



If you want to make a Slashed Squares quilt, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. And if you want to see more Slashed Squares quilts, you can see some here.




No comments: