Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Too Cool!

This is my darling granddaughter, looking here like she's way too cool for something or other.

And this is her decidedly un-cool grandmother holding up the pink barn I made while at the studio of Janet-Lee Santeusiano, my longarm quilter. 

 The inspiration for the pink barn is just down the street from Janet-Lee's house and she knows the folks who own and built it. "I should take a picture and send it to them, they are going to love it!" So we did.

For my part I'm going to take it easy the next few days. After a marathon sewing session you'll find me on the couch reading one of the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency novels. I got a little behind in the series and am now catching up.    


9 comments:

Poppy Q said...

That girl has attitude!! Your barn is very sweet, I hope that the owners are impressed.

Karen S said...

To her I'm sure your totally to cool too

Just Ducky said...

You are cool, just in your own way.

Nann said...

Cool indeed! Alexander McCall Smith seems to have a new book every three or four months, in any of his several series. (If he keeps it up he'll be as ubiquitous as James Patterson.)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Coolness is in the mind of the quilter- love the barn- inspiration and pink quilt!

Ruth said...

I had read the first 5 of Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency, and thought that was all! Then I found two more and thought, Well! He's still writing these!
I tried his Portuguese Irregular Verbs books but they are too complicated for me. I love reading about Botswana though.

Mickey's Musings said...

Granddaughter is very cool and cute!
Grandma is a pretty cool lady :)
Does pretty amazing quilts too ;)
Purrs,Georgia and Julie ...
and Nancy

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

She does look like a cool and cute granddaughter. The barn quilt is beautiful, and I was admiring all the ribbons behind you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are NOT un-cool -- you just don't photograph like a three-year old who isn't concerned with the camera like we adults are. Great barn - can't wait to see how she quilts it!