Monday, November 11, 2019

Go Slow and Sew

Sewing the diamond quilts together is an exercise in dealing with bias edges. These are 60 degree diamonds, and every block has at least two sides that are on the bias. So after I sew the blocks together, I place them on the floor, so they won't stretch.

Eventually I had to move it into the living room because it was getting so big.

Ironing can be challenging.

I had to cancel the Roomba's scheduled cleaning run.

Here's the finished flimsy.

Here's the backing. I used both the big dinosaur panels, some flower fabric from my stash,

 and the green "dragon scale" fabric I bought because my granddaughter said it was "green like T-rex." As you can see from the photo above, the scale (no pun intended) was too big for a lot of things, so it was perfect for the back.

The quilt will be going to the longarm quilter soon, and the goal is to have this in my granddaughter's arms on Christmas Eve.


And YES, this has been one hell of a quilt marathon.


5 comments:

Janet said...

Lynne,
Thank you for sharing all of your quilt adventures; you are a designer with exceptional talent. I love your layouts, fabric choices and the pieced backing.
Best regards,
Janet

Just Ducky said...

Lovely.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So thrilling to see it come all together! Surprised the cat did not dive bomb the quilt on the floor like mine does the instant I turn my back.

Mari said...

Amazing how a tiny human can be such a great motivator, isn't it? I'm sure she will love this colorful quilt made just for her.

Judy P. said...

The quantity and variety of fabric out there is so mind blowing, but dragon's scales? Incredible.