Sunday, November 10, 2019

Dinos & Diamonds Forever

It's really funny, but with this quilt, when I think I've got it right, I remove the four patch diamonds.

This really helps me figure out if the placement of the medium diamonds works well. This photo showed me there was a block in the lower right that needed to go (lilies).

Once the four patch diamonds are gone, I replace them, one vertical row after another, focusing on how they integrate with the blocks around them.

After studying this for a while, I know this is IT. I'll be sewing this together.


3 comments:

Elle said...

This is a fabulous quilt. I really enjoy your journey to the finish and the process you share.

Ann said...

It's always interesting to see how you work. Thanks for sharing your thought process with progress photos. This is such a cute idea. I think the recipient will love it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

As usual, your ideas are spot on, methodical and well explained.