Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Hand Sewing to Country Music

I've had the scrappy diamond Magic Carpet quilt ready for binding now for many weeks, but since I spent much of my vacation time in California, I didn't get it done then. Usually I work on the binding while I "watch" TV.

This week, Country Music, the documentary by Ken Burns, started showing, so I've been sewing the binding on the quilt while I watch it.

See that quilt that is hanging on the wall behind my TV? That's a quilt by my quilting idol, Wanda Hanson, who blogs at Exuberant Color.

I'll tell anybody who'll listen that in my not so humble opinion, NOBODY, but NOBODY in the quilting world knows color like Wanda does. There's a reason why her quilt dominates my living room. It is that good. Wanda is that good.

7 comments:

Mary said...

We are watching the series too and really enjoying it. And I couldn't agree with you more about Wanda.

Just Ducky said...

Mum does crow-shay while she watches. Doing the country music thing too.

Ann said...

I have watched every Ken Burns documentary I can find but haven’t started this one yet. Sounds like a good background for binding or cutting repetitive things out.

Elle said...

This Ken Burns series is FABULOUS!!!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wanda is certainly the best in many ways. She has helped me out more times than I care to think about. I personally cannot watch anything while I work. I will listen to podcasts, but I am such a visual person that I end up not doing any work if I watch a screen. Binding looks lovely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thank you for your kind words Lynne. I'm glad you are still enjoying the wallanging.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hear, Hear for Wanda and her work!!