Saturday, August 24, 2019

The House is Clean


I cleaned the house today.

And I mean CLEANED. I picked up and got rid of the clutter. I dusted. I cleaned all surfaces. I washed the kitty quilts that protect the furniture from Millie's fur (you can see one on the red chair above.) I cleared off all counters and have a big stack of paperwork to shred. I even cleaned out the refrigerator. The remote vacuum cleaners have been put through their paces. The laundry has been done and is now folded and put away. The sheets have been changed. The dishes are done. The litter box is clean. The groceries have been done. The car has been gassed up. The kitchen floor has been washed. I even replaced the shower curtain liner. (Yes, the bathrooms are sparkling also.) I cleaned all the mirrors. Oh yes, the bills are paid.

And why?

I am on vacation, and shall be enjoying myself.

with these guys.

So that means I won't be doing much sewing over the next few days, but I WILL be delivering this quilt..

Maybe I'll get some California beauty shots.

I shall also be taking inspiration photographs to interpret into birds. (If you want to make your own birds, you can get my tutorial here.)

I'm teaching a letters class at Quilted Threads at the end of September. (My liberated letters tutorial is available here.)

See you on the flip side!

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Have a great, great time and get all inspired up!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go forth and ENJOY!!!

Robby said...

Wishing you a lovely vacation and hassle free travel! Nothing like coming home to a clean house to extend that vacation by a day or two.

Nancy J said...

After all that frantic activity you will so enjoy a vacation.

deebriese said...

Wow Zebra quilt is s stunner! Enjoy your vacation

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

A clean house sounds wonderful, as does spending time with family. Enjoy!