Monday, August 19, 2019

Let There Be.. Light!

This may not look much different to you, but to ME, it is.

Here's the view from the other end of the studio.

So, what's it all about? A couple of weeks ago the light bulb in the floor lamp next to my sewing machine died. Now I don't just want a replacement bulb, I want a bulb that puts out a lot of light, and I want it to be DAYLIGHT. Not soft light, not "easy reading" light, I want bright, white light. The guy at the big box hardware store helped me find this.

Well, I liked it so much that I went back yesterday and bought bulbs to replace every single floor lamp in the studio. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The other thing I did was save a picture of the box (above) in my camera so when I want another one, I'll know exactly what to buy.


11 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

Being able to upgrade lightbulbs is the best. I have two fixtures in my kitchen that say 60w max. Well, 300watt equivalent leds are still less than 60watts. I can finally see what I'm doing BEFORE I chop off fingers.

Nancy J said...

great light bulbs, down here I like the " Cool Daylight" ones.and they make such a difference.

Poppy Q said...

I am like you and now take pictures on my phone so I remember things. The lights look great. I love the quilt on the couch.

Just Ducky said...

A few years ago was in the store staring at the light bulbs. Rep there asked what I was looking for and said a bulb to put in a lamp for reading. He said to pick the light by lumens, not wattage. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light. At least 1000 for reading, I see yours are 1600 well done.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Light is good! We use our phones to save package info for reference, too.

JustGail said...

I have a warm-ish white bulb at the desk, but all others in the sewing room is daylight, whether still CFL or LED. I think the ceiling fan light still needs an upgrade though. Darn these aging eyes, every year I need more and more light.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I bought some daylight bulbs recently at 1000bulbs.com where they walked me through what I needed. I find the light to be so much better and I can work longer.

Susan Torrens said...

My sewing room is in the basement, so lighting is important. I had flurescent fixtures that gave good light, but didn't like the way the lighting changed the colours. Recently, we found the same type of tubes in LED, that could be used in the fixtures already installed. Now I wonder how I worked using the old lighting

sue s said...

We just installed a new fan/LED light combo in my sewing room, and with the new, vanilla-white paint job I too can now see! Such a difference!

Susie Q said...

the bulb is for 18 years - you won't have your phone then..... but I find I am taking pictures of things I want to remember and later "look up". impressed with the 100 W LED my electrician advised less etc... and he recomended the big box store as their selection is best.

Cindy said...

No such thing as too much light when you are sewing! I too like lots of bright lights and I will be going to the store for these bulbs!