Saturday, August 31, 2019

A Side Trip


My son’s family decided to take me on a little side trip. He wouldn’t tell me where we were going.


Except it was a lot like this. Lots of traffic. 


We stopped in Redlands and it was 96F at 6 PM. Sure it was dry heat but still. Checking the weather for this are a told me that on Sunday it is supposed to be 105F.  By then I knew we were headed toward the mountains.

 

We had dinner at Noodle21, then headed up the mountains. We are here:


 


where, paradoxically, it will be hotter than if we had stayed in MB, but the lake is down the road and I’m pretty sure swimming is on tap for tomorrow. 


PS, I’ve had a cold so I’ve been sleeping and reading and binge-watching Downton Abbey. I still think the best line in the entire series came at the end of series two when Richard Carlisle said they’d never see him again and Violet piped up, “Do you promise?”











5 comments:

Sewgirl said...

Ah, my old stomping grounds! We used to summer in Crestline or Lake Arrowhead. Sounds like fun! Have a wonderful time.

Mystic Quilter said...

Loved, loved Donwton Abbey and have the full series on DVD. The film is opening in cinemas here on September 12th.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoy! Hope the cold goes away soon.

Ann said...

It's amazing to me that the California mountains in summer can be hotter than the coastal area. Have fun and get well.

Cathy said...

Having grown up in SoCal (San Gabriel Valley), I’m not at all surprised by the temperatures. We’ve seen our share of triple digits here in Utah lately, too. I’m counting the days to the Downton Abbey release. And the Dowager had so many great one-line zingers (delivered impeccably by Maggie Smith)!