Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The Selvage Fairy

This is the Selvage Fairy. She keeps an eye on Millie when I travel. She came over before I left to pick up the key and go over what I call "the care and feeding of Millie." After we went through all that stuff, we looked at quilts, because even though you see pictures, they are much different (and much better) in real life.

We looked at a lot of them, and when I unfolded Dark Majesty, the dark diamonds quilt, she said, "I think this is my favorite."

Well.

As we folded up the quilt, I handed it to her. "This should go home with you." The look on her face was priceless. She literally didn't put it down until she walked out the door, and only then to give me a hug.

Quilts should always go to where they are loved.

12 comments:

deebriese said...

Oh My goodness..My My what a wonderful gesture the look on her face is priceless. Touched my heart.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the most fun way to gift quilts, when you see their heart singing as they look at their favorite.

Robby said...

That quilt has clearly gone to the right home. What an amazing thing, to bring that kind of joy to someone. Well done!

Poppy Q said...

Awww you are a good woman Lynne.

ginkgokid said...

Bless you. Such loving gestures are the main reason I quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nothing worse than an unloved quilt. THe look on her face is priceless.

Ann said...

I couldn't agree more. We have the fun of making them and it's too sad if they go to anyone who doesn't enjoy them.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Back when you were selling the "Gizzy" quilts, I remember wishing I could buy one. And you told me that you could give me instructions to make my own. Well, I could knock off a Channel suit too, but it wouldn't really be a Channel suit, now would it. This is a thousand times more true of "Dark Majesty". Although I do sew, I don't quilt, and I could never get the artistry right for something like this.
Like you, my DH went to art school, and when I brought it home, he juststared and said "WWWooooooowww!".
Thank-you so much.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That quilt is one of my all time favorites of yours - so glad it has a much-appreciated new home. And it is good to "meet" you Miss Selvage Fairy!

Tam said...

I agree, I almost always give my quilts away. If I don’t have someone in mind while making one, it always becomes clear who I want to give it to during the process. I love that the quilts are out there being loved and enjoyed.

Just Ducky said...

The quilt will be loved and cherished, forever.

Judy P. said...

My biggest fear is that a quilt I made will end up in a dog bed. Sigh. This quilt will be much loved.