Tuesday, April 16, 2019

A No Bird!

I didn't originally PLAN to include a bird in the Not Paper Pieced quilt, but the right space appeared and this bird flew right into it.

 My background fabric arrived. As you can see I ought to have enough. (cough cough)

I was happy the fabric came in because it allowed me to finish the QUILT word. Yes, this is the back, and yes, all the backs of my quilts look like this. No threads, neatly pressed and dead flat.

The letters tutorial, Lynne's Liberated Letters, is about a week out! YAY! It's got so much information in it that it needed an INDEX!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


OH! The Notre Dame in Paris! I went there when I was 17, looked all around, admired the famous stained glass windows and climbed to the top of one of the towers. I am heartsick.




If you would like to make a free-pieced bird (mine don't use patterns or templates and they aren't paper pieced either) you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.

3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Lynne's Liberated Letters.....all I hear in my head now is Lalalalalala, LOL. The LLL tutorial. Beautiful backside, btw ;-)

Just Ducky said...

Yes sad about Notre Dame. Glad I got to see it last September.

Sharon Brown said...

Lynn, I love your amazing creativity and your equally amazing fabric selections. Can you share the name of your background fabric in this post and where you ordered it from? Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations, they always seem to lift my spirits. smdbrowndot24@gmaildotcom