Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Oh So Modern

Never one to let an idea go to waste, I decided to take the leftover pieces and see what I could do with them that wasn't anything I had already tried. I liked the way a pair of triangles could look like a stretched out rectangle if I lined up the long sides together.


So then I thought... what happens if I make the values look like they are the same across the two triangles that make up the shape... I particularly like this pair of blue triangles.

This cream and purple is pretty good too.


So, you get the idea.

I won't be sewing this together, but I'll store this idea away for later.

11 comments:

Marly said...

Great idea; what a way to use up cut-offs!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

The border fabric for your zebra quilt was pure inspiration! In this post , interesting stuff too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That makes them look three dimensional. I really like that.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like this one!!!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Even though I knew the purple ones had different light fabrics, it's amazing to me that when looking from a distance, the eye is tricked into seeing them as all the same. Trickery ;-)

Judy P. said...

I love this arrangement. You are amazing!

Ann said...

A subtle shadow of variation. So clever.

Sewgirl said...

I like this idea...I can see you going places with this too!

Mickey's Musings said...

Very cool!
You are very creative and I enjoy seeing what you come up with as you
work your magic with fabric :)
Nancy and the kitties

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I really love this! The movement in there is SPECTACULAR!
glen

Nann said...

Solar panel shimmer? Striking!