Thursday, March 14, 2019

Beta Testers Wanted


I made this panel some years ago for a quilt for a sick friend. I'm writing my tutorial on free pieced letters and I need a couple of beta testers.

I am looking for a couple (no more than four) of capable quilters who will make letters according to my instructions on the letter tutorial. I will need these folks to be willing to make every single letter in the alphabet, upper and lower case, and pretty much anything else I ask.

Beta testers should NOT have any previous experience making free pieced letters. I need novices.

I will need honest feedback and we will likely go back and forth. Remember my letters aren't paper pieced and they don't use templates of any kind. Letter making can be a frustrating business until you get the hang of it. I need folks who will be persistent and adventurous. 



I will need these folks to NOT talk about the work on any social media site until the tutorial goes public. No blogging, no Instagram, no Facebook, no anything else.

Beta testers will receive in process copies of my tutorial while I am writing it and when it is finished they will receive a final copy, and credit. Sharing is strictly prohibited.

Now if you are an experienced letter maker, I may call upon you to review the tute when it is in the final stages. So Brenda and Valerie, you are on my radar!

If you are interested, email me at patcherymenagerie AT gmail DOT com.

I've got a beta posse assembled. Thanks to all who offered!

thanks
Lynne

6 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I would be interested if I were a capable quilter, but... Good luck becauses good testers will help make the tutorial a success!

Cappy said...

I would be happy to be a tester for you. I’m an experienced quilter but haven’t ventured into free form letters yet. I’d be thrilled to help with this.

deebriese said...

I would love to test for you I sent an email

The Selvage Fairy said...

When you've got it all worked out, and you need to see if a complete fumbler can do it, you know who to call.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I would be happy to beta test for you. I have dipped my toes in the water of making letters..........my blog enchantingquilts@blogspot.com has a quilt I finished last summer.......the focus quilt. I love all types of piecing and applique, also love trying anything new.

Quilter Kathy said...

I've made lots of letters so I wouldn't qualify, but it sounds like it would be lots of fun to be part of a sewing posse!! LOL