Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Patriots Fan!

Here is the New England Patriots fan bird. I actually looked up what the Patriots uniforms looked like so I could try to get it right. At home games, the Pats wear their blue jerseys, and their pants were silver, so I made my bird's legs silver. The colored squares on the white background are no accident. It reminded me of confetti.

 The folding and stacking continues. (And ironing. I'm ironing a lot of this stuff.)



If you want to make your own birds, you can get my tutorial at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away, and since I haven't said it in a long time, these birds are made without traditional patterns or templates and they are not paper pieced.


6 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Love your imagination and storytelling with such small pieces of fabric.

Judy in Michigan said...

Hugs to you and Tom!! Here in Michigan, we may not have as many Pat fans, but my husband and I are crazy about them and Tom (of course!).

Mickey's Musings said...

Very cool !!
Nancy and the kitties

Allison said...

I can't wait to see how these new background fabrics come together as you pull the quilt into a whole!

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE the confetti background!! Go Pats!

Sharon said...

Of Course you would make a Pats fan bird! Love it!
It's so fun, watching you make all these birds and then the stories about them are even better!
I've got your bird tutorial and have made a few. One day I'll get serious and make some more!