Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Snippets

Since I am not willing to just run into the studio and cut strips willy-nilly, I used what I already had to at least lay out something better. I flipped blocks over so I would know what kind of blocks I would need to cut, then I tried looking at the thing to figure out what color I wanted where, and then I went to the stash and pulled fabrics.

I like this combination.

And this one too.

This is what it looked like before I called it a night, but remember, I only made four new big triangles. Making them takes time and time is tight on weeknight evenings. I am getting there.

Check this out. Looking at the pictures on my phone meant I could see them really tiny, and all together. It is an interesting way to see if the pattern works, or if there are blobs or empty spaces.

Kinda helpful, isn't it?  Just goes to show you absolutely NEVER KNOW where you will find design inspiration or help.



By the way, it has been such fun to read all your responses to yesterday's post. Yeah, I know it really wasn't awful, but as the Selvage Fairy said to me once (and I am sure I am going to mess this up; just as I am sure she will correct me later...)

"It's interesting to me that the worst thing you can say [about your quilt] is that it is nice."

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

See, I knew you'd do something interesting once you hit the "it's ugly" stage . . .