Thursday, February 7, 2019

One Mississippi

My friend Julie sent me these fabrics. I knew the one with the numbers (upper right) was coming, but the rest were a surprise. Julie had mentioned that I should make a traveling bird out of maps because I like to travel. The map fabrics are too light to use with a WOW (white) background, so I got creative.

Looking at this bird after I made him, I decided he is a Mississippi bird, because his fabrics come from Memphis, on the Mississippi River.       


If you want to try your hand at making birds, everything you need is in my tutorial for sale here in my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

As usual, your birds are fantastic!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Best use ever for that wing fabric. I used it as a whole cloth back for one of Connor's quilts which is where your piece came from. Love the Mississippi bird!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yes!

Poppy Q said...

I love things with writing on them. This bird is very sweet.