Friday, November 23, 2018

Asterisk Flowers

I've been thinking about asterisk flowers lately. These are about 4" across. Here's an asterisk flower that uses one fabric for the flower itself.

My first two-toned asterisk flower was a mistake. I was making a bunch of these all at once and got my colors mixed up. I liked it so much, I kept making them that way.

An asterisk without a contrasting center square is a star of some sort. In white on a dark background they become snowflakes.

Even the wonky asterisk flower has charm.

This is my quilt, Life is Tweet, finished in 2014. You can see my free pieced birds, my butterflies, some fun hearts and the asterisks, floating upward. I made this quilt as a teaching sample, but these elements would be nice in a baby or a child's quilt, or anything else that needs a little fun!


I'm waiting for my new refrigerator. I'll tell you all about it when it is here!

No comments: