Sunday, September 23, 2018

In & Out of the Closet

I have one of those in the corner lazy susan cabinets. I have a love-hate relationship with it.

 During my vacation I decided to empty it out, clean it all out, and then replace everything in it, but in a more organized manner.

After I got it all clean, I went out and bought a little flashlight so when I need to find something in there I can do it without getting frustrated. It's a lot easier to use now. I'd like to say that was the end of it, but apparently I didn't tighten the screw enough on the bottom shelf, so it slid down and then wouldn't turn. I had to unload everything on the bottom shelf and fix it, and then put everything back. Got that done yesterday.

I also have a corner closet in my bedroom where I keep all the flat artwork I cannot hang in my house, boxes of old photographs I have to sort through, and my quilts. Since it's the time of year to get out my warmer clothes and put the summer things away, I decided to tackle that closet.

These pictures are the "afters."  I cleared this and my main closet of all the clothes I will never wear again and other junk in there I don't need. I'm feeling very virtuous right about now.  I have a trip to the local Goodwill store in my near future.

I'm working on the binding tutorial, and it's coming along very well, but there's not much to show you yet!

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about the lazy susan corner cabinets. Had one in our first house and it was always such a nuisance to find things, especially with toddlers. Gave up and stored infrequently used plastic storage boxes/lids in there so they could pull them out with me having to worry about broken glass. The flashlight is a GOOD idea.

Mickey's Musings said...

Makes a body feel good when things are organized and tidy!
It was worth the effort!

ginkgokid said...

Loving your closet re-do! I'm slowly tackling that overwhelming job in our walk-in closet which has been a HUGE mess for can't-even-say-how-many years! It's a good feeling isn't it? Congrats.....Good Job!

Just Ducky said...

It is so freeing to divest yourself of stuff you no longer need. Slowly working my way through my closets.

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for the share. We think you did a wonderful job with reorganizing the cabinets and closet. It must feel great that you were able to get all that done. Great job on the closet. Sometimes it's the little things that make us happy. Have a wonderful rest of your week.
World of Animals

Mari said...

Sometimes cleaning things out can have such a sense of accomplishment. I have one of those lazy susan cabinets, too, and I despise it. All the big Tupperware for storing things like Christmas cookies is stored in there. I haven't opened it in months, which is just fine with me!