Monday, August 27, 2018

Stay-Cation

I'm on vacation, and I have a long list of things I want to do. I finally put mulch around the tall grasses on one side of my driveway. It's hard to believe I planted these big grasses (along with the Yukka plant down front and the Veronicas) in the Spring of 2015.

Here's the same view taken in April 2015.


This is the Shade Garden that faces North. It is clearly a resounding success, and three years in I need to thin some things (like those grasses down front) out!

This is the same Shade Garden, but this photo was taken in June. Lots of things flowering.

This was the Shade Garden in early September 2015.

It's a nice kind of problem to have. I worked in my herb garden on Sunday, and that's looking better. It's been a bit hard. I was teaching and working on tutorials in the Spring, then it got so hot in July and then so wet for the first part of August. The weeds have taken over! My plan is to work out in the yard for an hour or so in the morning, before it gets too hot, then I'll come inside, wash up and do some things around then house, have lunch, then settle down to watch tennis and have some fun in the sewing studio.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I remember when you had bare ground -- your planning certainly paid off!

Megan said...

Your garden looks sensational, Lynne.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Ann said...

It's nice to have pictures to refer to. Things grow so quickly. Enjoy your vacation.