Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Oops and Yay!

George Ade said "Life is a series of relapses and recoveries," which is why when this happens...

It's best to deal with it as unemotionally as possible and carry on. I'd like to say it was the only mistake I made, but I'd be lying.

At any rate, the Treasure Trove flimsy is complete. Here is yet another photo.
 
 Since my pal Julie has proven to me that quilts look best when crumpled, here is the obligatory crumpled shot of the flimsy spread over my charcoal gray couch.

I can't be sure, but I don't think I would ever have bought a charcoal gray couch had this one not been marked down half price. But damn I'm glad I bought it because everything looks good against it.




10 comments:

Nancy J said...

On the wall, on the couch, beautiful every which way.

Megan said...

I agree with Nancy. Looking forward to seeing the next in the series.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Ellen T. said...

The club of 'o, how could I have turned that around' is a big one!

The Selvage Fairy said...

Can't wait to see it out in the sun against the snow.

Cheshire's Designs said...

This looks great! I love your black/white sashing with the rich colors. I bought an Ivory sofa for the same reason...it was marked down. I love it though.

Just Ducky said...

You get a much better sense of scale as to the size of the blocks in the last photo.

Jeanne said...

I want it, please let it be mine. Your, adoring Mother xxxxx

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hmm...having to choose a new couch to replace my flooded one, I will now be considering a grey one per your recommendation! And crumpling quilts soon too, I hope.

Lynne Stucke said...

I love it, Lynne! But then, I love ALL your quilts! (lynnstck [at]yahoo.com)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love seeing the flimsy off the design wall and on the couch -- sense of scale as well as how it will look once it is actually being used. I love it!