Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Scrappy Slab Triangles

I sat down at the sewing machine to make a few of the scrappy slab triangles into blocks and threw them up on the design wall.  This is all I have, and it will surely change, but I think this is going to be cool. Speaking of which, I think the next color needs to be a cool one - either a teal or a medium blue.

Plans for Thanksgiving have been made, groceries have been purchased and recipes printed. I've made the cranberry sauce, cornbread for the stuffing, and some turkey stock. I've vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms. I even washed the Fall House Top quilt that covers my dining room table.

That's all well and good, but I am really looking forward to making more of these blocks in the long weekend afterward!

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Teal or turquoise, my suggestion. I do like your design so much.

Megan said...

They're looking fabulous Lynne.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes Yes YES!!

Ruth said...

I love the black and white triangle patches on your colored slap triangles.What a great idea! I feel inspired to make some slab blocks from my abundance of scraps.

Unknown said...

Just found your blog, and I am very inspired! How big are these triangles? I am new quilter (less than six months sewing and quilting) and everything I see is new still.

Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and egging on newbies like me.

Sandi said...

These look great, can't wait to see the cool colours. Happy Thanksgiving!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am yearning for my kitchen.....

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

I'm curious about what size your blocks are.