Saturday, March 29, 2014

First Draft

By the time you read this I will have resolved some of the issues with the various letters in the Black and White Crayons flimsy.



I need to:
  1. Make the birds the same size (or decide to leave them as they are).
  2. Fix the C in CRAYONS. (It's not making good use of the pattern in the fabrics.)
  3. Make the N in IN of more than one fabric.
  4. Fix the dot (cat) in the I to be a bit higher up, or lower down, I can't decide which.
  5. Make the H in the second THE a bit more interesting. (Right now it's rather pale.)
  6. Make the E in the second THE a bit thinner.
  7. Figure out a way to fill in the extra negative space on the right side of the quilt. (Another bird, perhaps?)
Time to tweak!

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ah, yes - the joyful editing stage . . . when little things make a HUGE difference.

Fran said...

I like the birds being slightly different!

Megan said...

I like the current birds different sizes, as is. And yes - another bird in the negative space: a big one. Or, perhaps half a dozen little ones if you can make them without their being too visually fussy.

Megan
Sydney, Australia