Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunny Day & Sunshine

I had a great day yesterday. I met Sara, a quilter who lives about 90 miles away. We met in Concord, and visited a couple of quilt shops together. First was Peggy Anne's, where my selvage tote bag immediately attracted attention. We had a terrific lunch, and then visited Golden Gese.

I had brought some quilts to show Sara. Actually, I brought a carful. I brought my Sunshine Quilt, the Laughing Out Loud Quilt, my Alphabet Sampler Quilt, my Blacque Quilt, the new Doll Quilt Swap 7 Selvage Quilt, a few Gizzy Quilts and some of my Quilted Chessboards. It was so nice to show them off to somebody who totally "gets it."

We had a great time, and we'll do this again soon!


At home, I sat down to work on the binding of the Sunshine Quilt and watch the tennis.I've finished two corners and one side.

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

The binding looks so nice. You are doing a wonderful job. Glad you had the happy day with Sara and got to share your quilts. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Susan R said...

Lynne I am always in awe of your binding. ~LOL~ No matter how hard I try mine never looks as good as yours. Thanks for sharing your outing with Sara with us; I really understand how nice it is to have a friend who "gets it". I miss my quilting friend who moved to Alaska, but you can guess where I'm going next summer. Susan

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time it sounds like you had! I know what you mean about sharing with someone who totally gets it!

Sara said...

What fun! And, I loved all of those beautiful quilts...I especially was excited about the "black" quilt - mainly because you gave me "another way" of thinking quilt!!!

It was a great fun wonderful day ... and we gotta do it again! Maybe by then I'll have some finished projects to bring along...

Mary said...

The Sunshine Quilt binding is really pretty. Oh how I wish I was in New England and could travel around to the quilt shops and enjoy an outing like the one you had with Sara.