Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sunshine! On His Shoulders!

My son came over for dinner tonight, and carried in the box containing his Sunshine Quilt. (I had sent it to Chris to quilt it.) It had been left in the hallway outside my door. I had been outside 20 minutes earlier, and the package wasn't there, so I didn't expect it.

All his talk about not wanting to see the quilt until it was completely finished went right out the window when I carried the box into the bedroom and spread the quilt out on the bed.

We brought it outside to take some pictures before the light faded.While we looked it over, I asked him, "Remember when I was buying fabrics? You didn't like the birds, and you thought the [Kaffe Fassett] fans had too much pink."

"And I hated the dragonflies," he added.

"You rolled your eyes when I picked those magnolias for the back."

"You didn't listen to me at all, did you?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied.

"Good thing."

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, cheery quilt!

Great job.

MAR

Tina said...

Love the relationship between you and your son...at least what it shows in this post.

Tine said...

LOL! What a wonderful post! I too love this quilt :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful! And so glad that your son likes it.

Callie Brady said...

Beautiful huggable quilt. Love the yellow. I'll have to remember to stick to my choices.

Poppy Q said...

The quilt looks good and Mr Karate looks very pleased with himself.

luv2quilt2 said...

Boy you can tell he really loves it, pink and flowers and all. Aren't sons ( and daughters too ) wonderful?

Megan said...

It looks fabulous Lynne. Congratulations.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Jocelyn said...

Wow, it is so lovely. How big is the quilt?? Just love all the yellows :-)

Gari in AL said...

Mamma knows best! Beautiful and so bright! My kind of quilt.

Trisha said...

Ha, ha! Love it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is beautiful!

Susan R said...

Wow! It turned out so well, the colors are beautiful and the quilting is amazing! I bet your son will be smiling for years to come about this gift Lynne. You did an amazing job!

Susan

Lisa D. said...

Wow - it's beautiful! And he looks like one happy boy!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wonderful quilt!! The texture added by the fans and the birds makes the quilt ;)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Beautiful! Very good fabric choices!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Waaaay cool ~ on EVERY level!

Anonymous said...

He looks pretty happy to me! The pictures look great!

Holly said...

It is beautiful. Great job. He looks happy.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Fabulous quilt,and wonderful son

Jean said...

Looks like it is a perfect fit! He looks so happpy.

Just Ducky said...

That will wake you up.

Vicky F said...

He likes it! He likes it!
Good job, mom.
Very cheerful and bright.

Susan said...

Beautiful! It really does look like sunshine!

Marit said...

It looks so sunny and cheerful. Just lovely. Have to check on my yellow stash, now....

Mr. Karate said...

good thing indeed!