Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Piece by Piece

 

I'm working my way through the big no-batting quilt for my DGD. I've taken to sewing blocks together in chunks rather than complete rows, so I have divided the design into four big columns.  The section still on the design wall is the fourth column, and what you can see on the floor at the right is the third one.

I took the blocks off the design wall and grouped them by rows, and clipped them with a tag showing which row number.

I pin the blocks in each row together while I "watch" the US Open tennis.


Then I sew them together, and press them,

then join the rows into pairs and pairs into quads, etc etc.


The stack of 16 rows that were pinned together fill this space, above. 


This empty space represents the rows that do NOT fit on the design wall. So I have to design them, then pair them up and continue as above.

Sewing the pieces together in this way allows me to make pretty good progress. I expect to have the top done by the weekend.

No comments: