Thursday, August 6, 2026

Lynne Changes Her Mind


Once I had designed all the blocks in the BWR Quilt I put them up on the wall and stood back. One of them stood out like a sore thumb for being too wimpy. It's the second from the right on the top row. From a distance (hell, even close up) the outer fabric looked too much like the fabric in the center and it just seemed insubstantial compared to the others.


So I made another block using a fabric that had more contrast in the outer ring, and I like it a lot better, and will make the remaining three blocks using the zebras in the outer ring.


They look better now. I still have fifteen more blocks to make before I slice the blocks in half diagonally and match up pairs.

Here are all the blocks I have sewn on the design wall. It doesn't really show what it will look like eventually, but it kinda sorta gives you an idea.

This is still fun, but it needs a name. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

A Slice of Red? I’m horrible at names 😂

Quiltdivajulie said...

XOXOXO (aka Hugs and Kisses for DGD)

starsthatblaze said...

A Blushing Zebra (answer to riddle: What's black and white and red all over?)

Joye with an e said...

How about "Not a newspaper" from the old riddle what's black and white and read all over?

Sewgirl said...

Hi Lynne, still enjoy reading your blog posts! How about the Zebra in the Room?

Michele in Harrisburg said...

In light of all the cat fabrics and the colors in the quilt, may I suggest Tuxedo Cat? I'm really liking where this one is headed.