Wednesday, August 28, 2024

I Am Retired!

 

We have these great big TV's in several places throughout the facility. Today, I was the star on all of them.

I have worked at Felton for 35 years and 10 months, and Tuesday was my last day in the office. (I have vacation time I'm still working off), but as of today I am officially retired.

Needless to day I didn't get any "work" done on my last day. Instead I walked around and said goodbye to my coworkers. I got lots of hugs. I have been talking to people for the last few days, because I knew I'd get too emotional to do it all in one day. But it was still a bit rough.

I was given a beautiful clock and this blanket, printed with photographs of me and my coworkers over the years I have worked for the company. This is me with the CEO. I made the Goose Rocks Quilt for him.

This is me and Ben, the young man I have been training, my former boss Daniela, who has been helping with the transition to the new ERP software. The Ola Polo quilt is hers. And at the far right is Matt, my boss. He is the owner of the Awash in a Sea of Blue quilt.

I was taken out to lunch and my coworkers complimented me on my trustworthiness, my dependability, my passion and my never-ending commitment to the company. It was pretty emotional.

Finally I packed up my belongings, packed the car and left.

This is a photo of the road home. A lot like my future. Wide open and sunny.



22 comments:

Dorothy said...

Congratulations !!

Nancy J said...

Celebrate the day, and the future. Let that road be filled with happiness, sunny days, and fabric galore to tempt your talents.

loraine everard said...

Congratulations, Lynne, a day to remember, and many more to come!

Marianne said...

Congratulations on your retirement. Hope you enjoy every minute of your new life!

Kathy E. said...

Woohoo! Time to take life by the tail and have fun! You've earned the freedom to fill your days with whatever tickles your fancy. What a great company you worked for...it's always so nice to be appreciated!

Meredith said...

Congratulations on your retirement! An exciting time!

Cherie Moore said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! What a lovely send off from your company and it’s clear you worked with great people as you deemed them quilt worthy :) I’m sure your transition will be easy and you’ll miss the people but not the work ;-). Can not wait to see what adventures await you.

Julierose said...

Time to enjoy life at your own pace now;))) Congratulations
hugs, Julierose

Ruth Tacoma said...

Congratulations on a job well done! Happy retirement and thank you for sharing your special day with us.

JustGail said...

WooHooooooo!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

Lizzie said...

Congratulations!! A whole new life awaits...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you pamper yourself and have a wonderful life after retirement. I told everyone my first year of retirement was mine and the answer would be no to things I didn't want to do.

Judy in Michigan said...

Best wishes, Lynne!!! I know the feeling leaving a job (mine was 28 years) and remembering the good times and the not-so-good. But, the friendships and knowledge of the field, will last for many years. Congratulations!!!

Sewgirl said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful tribute from your company. Best wishes for a fun filled rest of your life!!

Susan said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on your retirement - enjoy this new stage of life!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am so glad you worked with such excellent people ... the corporate culture there was one of the best I've ever heard anyone describe.

Joye with an e said...

Happy Retirement! I wish you many, many days full of things you love to do!

Mari said...

Congratulations and happy retirement!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Congratulations. I know how you feel after 35 years at Texas Instruments.

MissPat said...

Congratulations on your retirement. I've been retired 11 years after working 38 years for the same pulbic library. You'll love retirement. More time to quilt. More time to travel to visit your son and family and QuiltdivaJulie.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Amazing! You made it out alive. Congrats.