Saturday, August 31, 2024

Bright Cobblestones

 

There's a quote that an art school in Florida uses in its advertising: "A great idea is only an idea until you make it real."

And just because you make the idea real doesn't make it great. The IDEA for a brightly colored cobblestones quilt sounded great, but once I got all the blocks on the design wall I was decidedly unimpressed. There's too much of this that just looks like mush to me.

Now, that "to me" is the operative term here. Just because most folks think it's OK doesn't mean that I do.

I shall continue wrestling.

This is the view when I eat my lunch on the front porch. Quite nice, listening to the birds and the leaves rustle in the breeze.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I totally get what you are saying about this one. Fun to make, delightful fabrics...maybe needs eyeball resting places or organize groups around a center square. I'm sure you will come up with a great solution!

Julierose said...

Being the scrappy look lover that I am--I like it!! ;))) But maybe some tone-on-tone fabrics in coordinating or rainbow wash colors?
Hugs, Julierose

Carol said...

Cobblestones leaves me feeling a little uninspired. Wondering how it would look on point. That is usually my solution to mush.

Kris said...

My first thought was looks like a pile of gifts from a large gathering (shower, holiday, etc). Lots of color but no movement or pattern to focus on.

Cherie Moore said...

Ah, retirement! What a lovely way to enjoy lunch ;-). Totally agree with you on this one….a puzzle for you to noodle on, can’t wait to see where you go (now hearing “Oh, the Places You’ll Go….” Thanks, Dr Seuss ;-)