Friday, August 23, 2024

Cobblestones

 

I've decided to name Deb's quilt "Cobblestones."  Here is a closeup of the quilt so you can see some of the fabrics I have used in the quilt.

At first I thought the quilt I would need a small dark border around the quilt, and then a larger cream one, but when I put a thin strip of dark fabric on the left side, and I didn't like it at all. Then I thought I should put a narrow light border, THEN a thin dark border and THEN a wider cream border, but I wasn't sure about it, so I gathered up some leftovers and made a sample strip, and put it on the top edge. I didn't like either version, so now I will simply add a border of cream/light and then the flimsy will be complete.

Here is the flimsy all sewn up.

Look what I found in my stash! A terrific fabric I will use for the backing of this quilt.  That's surely a WIN!!!


2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your quilt, so pretty! The backing fabric is perfect, happy stitching!

Kathy said...

Perfect backing! Impressive project for a no-color prerequisite!!