Sunday, July 14, 2024

Backing for Peonies

 

The backing I selected for the Peonies quilt is a subtle ombre stripe pattern. The quilting will show up very well.

Here's a closer view.


This is the fabric I chose for the binding, green with flowers. But it isn't right. The green of the binding is a cold green. It's closer to blue, but the greens in the quilt are closer to yellow. So I tried something else.

THIS fabric is yellow-green, and close to the other greens in the quilt, so this is the one.

Now the quilt will go to Janet-Lee to be quilted.


3 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Still loving this quilt.

Cherie Moore said...

Oh yes, the binding is perfect. I like how you explain why the first choice doesn’t work. Selecting fabrics is one of my favorite parts of quilting but I go by instinct as I’ve not had any formal art training. I can pick what goes but can’t really explain why. I’ve learned a lot from reading your blog….thank you!

kathyz said...

I love this quilt - never could have imagined it given what you started with! (That's why you quilt and I look! :) )
But I have to tell you I keep wanting to call it Shamrocks because it reminds me so much of my Purple and Green Shamrock plants (Oxalis).