Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Peonies


I decided that I was going to put the green blocks on the design wall, and then decide where the pink "flowers" were going to go.

Something told me I needed some darker green blocks, so I made some. Originally I conceived of the darker greens as kind of leaves right next to the pink, but that would have drawn too much attention, and I thought it looked a little weird. But then I made it a flower and I knew I had the answer.

I put all the green triangles up on the design wall, and just to make it easier, I set them the base of the triangle down, but then realized that if I wanted the lighter green blocks to look like leaves I should arrange them pointed side down. At this stage I knew I liked the dark green "Flowers."


Here I have arranged the light green triangles pointing down, and then rearranged the flower blocks. Now I like where those are, but the placement of the blocks may change so I can more evenly distribute the prints and fabrics around the quilt. I may or may not leave the light green triangles pointing down. 

Since there are pink peonies blooming in my garden, I have given this quilt the working title of Peonies.




This is a scrap slab triangle quilt. This is the 12th one I have made, and they are all different. If you would like to make one, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Flowers and rows of banners ( or flags) whichever name suits best. Love the name.

Cherie Moore said...

Love the name….but not loving the all light green blocks pointing down. Sounds like maybe you aren’t sold yet either. Will be fun to see Peony evolve!