Sunday, April 28, 2024

Dinosaur Seminole Dress

 

This is the bodice of the dress I made for my granddaughter. I wanted to make a dress that featured Seminole Patchwork. But when I saw the fabric with the dinosaur eyes, I thought my granddaughter would be happy if I could include it in the dress.

I sent the photograph to my California family. My DIL said my granddaughter said, "I think I might faint" because she liked it so much.

This is the back of the dress. I really didn't need to have the patchwork panel on the back of the dress, but I didn't want to drop the ball.

I added a band of seminole patchwork along the bottom of the skirt of the dress.

Here is the finished dress.

I sent a photograph of the dress to my daughter-in-law and her reply was "Woooooow! Showstopper!"

The dress will go to out to California on Monday!!


OH! And the tutorial is almost ready! Stay tuned!


6 comments:

Nancy J said...

This is SO beautiful, I would faint too!! The ultimate expression of thankfulness , you have surpassed even in my dreams of imagination thinking how it would look.

Cherie Moore said...

Your DIL is 100% right, Showstopper!!! An eye popping showstopper;-)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow. That's all.

Sue said...

Oooooooohhhhhh, she’ll REALLY spin in this one! Beautiful job, Lynn.

time4stitchn said...

How special! I am sure your granddaughter will just love it and your daughter in law will be so proud to have her wear it. I had dresses from my grandmother and I made for my daughter. You went above and beyond with your design.

Ann said...

Lovely and clever. You are a star.