Monday, February 26, 2024

Red

 

Here is the Red block. I knew I didn't want it to be too dark, so all the fabrics are red on white.

These are the nine blocks. I am happy where this is going. 


Back in the office, I figured out what was wrong. This bookcase was blocking access to the right side of the closet. If I moved it, I'd have access and the room wouldn't be so crowded. But if that went away, I needed to figure out where to put the stuff that lived in the bookcase, and I had to figure out where to move the bookcase TO. (By the way, I originally put the bookcase there so the Roomba wouldn't get tangled in all the wires and cables from the computer and other stuff on the desk.) 

Once I had that worked out...

Getting the bookcase out of there was definitely the right move. The room makes a lot more sense, and it's easy to move around.

I put the bookcase in my bedroom.

FINALLY I get to get rid of the stupid table that was in my bedroom before. It was left there by the previous owner. While it looks like it might be useful, one of the legs was broken, so it wasn't stable.





6 comments:

JustGail said...

I have one of those fold-out tables. The weld on one wheel is letting go. They are definitely not made to handle a lot of movement, especially on carpet, even short pile carpet. But it's better than not sewing, as my days of cutting fabric on the floor or even bent over the kitchen table are over. I'm glad I have a spot I can leave it open all the time! Very cool that you got the office figured out.

I *like* this set of blocks. Looking back, I've changed my mind on the dots on white block. I thought it might work, but now it seems like it would be too much white.

Angela W. said...

Wasn’t “the previous owner” your Mom?

Nann said...

I've just caught up on two weeks of your posts to see the scrap cleanup, the new blocks, and the rearrangement. Inspiring on all counts. That particle-board furniture is heavy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for solving problems while improving another situation AND for being able to jettison stuff you don't like.

marge jansonius said...

Thank you for your blog, I enjoy reading of your design travel. May I ask why you put a sliver of what appears to be white fabric in all your blocks? Love the scrappiness and hope to be able to use the concept with my own scraps.

Nancy said...

I had a table just like that white one. It really annoyed me that the space under it was wasted. I took it off the legs and put it on top of four art bin cabinets placed back to back. It fit just fine with one of the sides up. Then I added folding legs on one side. Most of the time I leave that side down but when I need more cutting space it is available. Lots of space under the table now.