Saturday, February 17, 2024

Green & Blue


 Here's a blue Missing U block.

Here's a green one.

These blocks are based on fabrics with the color or design on a white background, so that's why there aren't blocks that are more vivid or intense. Naturally there are a few exceptions, but that's what you do when you have to "make it work." That term is meant to be "make it work with what you already HAVE."

I have long felt that having limited options forces you to be more creative. Hell, the Yellow Ribbons Zebra quilt came about because I wanted to make it work with the fabrics I had already cut. I was not going to cut one more damn thing, so I HAD to figure it out.


3 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I agree with you that limited options spur on creativity. Some of my best quilts came about that way. Loving this one of yours.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Looking forward to seeing how these lower volume blocks come together - I think It is going to be spectacular! And yes, limitations DO encourage creativity (and a huge pin of already cut fabric pieces to play in).

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sometimes too many limits tax my overtaxed brain. I guess I need more rest. Your blocks are wonderfully soothing.