Friday, May 19, 2023

Ding Ding Ding!

 Red and Blue fabric has arrived, been washed, ironed and cut into strips. I have been making one triangle at a time and tossing it up on the design wall to see how it goes. So far so good.

Yes, I also used some dinosaur fabric in this quilt. What the hell.

I was not really worried about arranging this yet. Just getting blocks made and tossing them up on the design wall. There is a very particular way they are arranged, so by this time, after I get a pair of fabrics sewn together into a four strip set (like the photo above) I considered where best to place it in the quilt and cut the triangle accordingly.

This isn't it by any means, but it gives you an idea of where I am headed. I am pretty pleased. It will be a great summer quilt. For somebody.

About the Spelling Bee: I've played since the start and for months I was thrilled simply to get to Genius on my own. That was pretty normal. One day, quite by surprise I hit Queen Bee ABM, as they say in the Community. A few months later I realized there are HINTS, and then later I realized some hardy folks like Steve G and Kline and Jenn and many other leave nifty hints on the community bulletin board. Once I figured that out, I was able to reach QB regularly. Daily in fact. Now I strive to get the pangram on the first word. I did that today (5/18/23) and then I discovered there were FOUR pangrams today. I got the second one pretty quick, struggled with the third and got the fourth as my very last word which gave me QB status.

I asked my boss where he liked fishing the best, the ocean or a local lake or pond. His reply was terrific, and I thought you'd all enjoy hearing it:

"I like fishing so much I'd fish in a puddle."


GREAT line!


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Puddle coloured fabric just gives me some weird vibrations !!!But then, it could be one that is clear and still and has the sky for a reflection.

Ruth said...

"I'd fish in a puddle" - what a great way to express it!
I noticed something I hadn't thought of in your post today.
Quote:"...after I get a pair of fabrics sewn together into a four strip set (like the photo above) I considered where best to place it in the quilt and cut the triangle accordingly."
I have never seen a four-strip set held up/placed/laid out with other already-cut triangles, on your blog.
I've only seen the cut triangles moved around. Hmm. Learn something new every day. Such cute dinosaurs.

MissPat said...

Once I discovered the hints (love
Steve G's) for Spelling Bee, I get to Queen Bee most days. Regarding retirement: you will love it. And we can't wait to see the quilts you produce when you don't have that peskt job holding you back. (Although pesky jobs are useful for providing the funds to buy more fabric).