Sunday, April 30, 2023

Greensleeves

 

The green Zebra quilt is now a flimsy, and I've decided to call it "Greensleeves." There is a piece of early music with that name and I always liked the tune.

Some time ago my pal Julie sent me this big Jane Sassaman fabric, and I will use it as the backing of the quilt. But the quilt needs a small border...

This dark green seems too harsh.

This one is in the quilt itself, but it seems to mushy to me.

This one seems too cold (translation: it's too blue).

This olive isn't my favorite color by any means, but it is the spirit of the rest of the quit, and it doesn't call attention to itself. I will probably use it, but I will put it all up on the design wall so I can look at it for a day or so to be sure.

Now, I don't know what it's been like in YOUR neck of the woods, but this is what the weather looks like for the next ten days here. Which is pretty miserable. The thing that makes it WORSE is that this is what the weather has been like here for the LAST TWO WEEKS.





2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finish! Love the Sassman fabric! I would keep trying for border fabric, I know you will find it.

Just Ducky said...

Icky weather here too!