Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Littlest Kids

 I told you all that the layout of the Yakkety Yak quilt was going to change as I put the blocks together. In the original design I have bird blocks overlapping each other, and I can't sew them together that way. In real life, the blocks are farther apart to account for this. 

And then while I'm putting things together, I see opportunities. Like this one:

When I arrange birds like this - beak to beak - I think of them as kissing. THESE two.. This is a single Mom who is REALLY hot for this good looking guy she is chatting with. The only problem is the empty space is really big. I really hate big empty spaces.

So I created a really little bird and put him really close to his mother. He is behaving like the normal little kid, totally blocking his Mom. Can you hear him saying "Mommy, potty! Mommy! Potty! MOMMMMMY"

I had so much fun with this concept, that I reviewed my layout and made SIX more little birds.

.
.
.

.
.

I know it's hard to see that these birds are small, so let's take a look:


I gave the little birds longish legs because I can always trim them down if needed.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Adorable little birds! Great idea.

Quiltdivajulie said...

As I've told you, I love the mixture of bird sizes in this very fun quilt top!

Michele Bilyeu said...

It's always the littlest that are true yakkety yakkers! I have 6 and 7 year old grands for sleepovers today/tomorrow and they need more than just me as the mother bird for flock control!
Whew 😘🤣🤣😘 Love love all of this. Our family are birders!