Sunday, March 12, 2023

Binding the Crowing About It Quilt

 

This is the fabric I chose to bind the first student bird quilt, "Crowing About It." 

Regular readers know I sew my binding to the back of my quilts, so I can do the finish on the front.

It's nice to have a quilt to work on when I "watch" television (Top Chef Season 20 started last week, and the Tournament of Champions IV is well underway) so I'm happy to finally get this quit to a point where I can be sewing while I watch TV.

Working my way around, mitering the corners...


Here I've joined the strips and sewn it all down.


I like to fold the binding over to the front and pin it all down before I start hand sewing it. But that will happen later.


2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy stitching (and watching). Looking forward to seeing this one's finished reveal.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly have a lot of patience to pin and hand sew. It will look terrific.