Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Jigsaw Puzzle

 In 2021 I got a jigsaw puzzle and realized I didn’t have any place to put it, so I bought a puzzle board. (I got it at Amazon. Where else?)

It’s pretty nifty. It has four drawers that slide out in which to store pieces and it has.a mat to put over the top to protect the puzzle while you are working on it but the best thing is that it fits under the couch when not in use.

Puzzles take time and when I am working on one I am not sewing, so after making a few I stuck the puzzle board under the couch.

Until.

Until my friend Cherie asked where I got mine, and I told her. To “thank” me (I say this facetiously because… well, keep reading) Cherie sent me a jigsaw puzzle with birds on it.


So you know me…
.

This was Wednesday.

This was Thursday.

This was Friday.

This was Saturday afternoon, after a morning of baking. (And yes, my front porch is all enclosed)

I went a little crazy on Saturday. Here is where I stopped for dinner.

And here is when I went to bed way-past-my-bedtime.

So if I haven’t been sewing (and quite frankly with Christmas a week away and me hosting the feast I have lots of other things I should be doing) you can blame Cherie.

Thank you so very little, Cherie. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
 

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Knowing who to blame is always liberating don't you think?

lol

Quiltdivajulie said...

HaHaHa - this is awesome! (cool puzzle, too)

MissPat said...

I just bought one of those puzzle boards (1000 piece size) from Bits and Pieces. On sale and free shipping. Jigsaw puzzles can be very addictive.
Pat

Lynn said...

I think this is the artist who designed your puzzle. She's terrific!!
https://www.geninnesart.com


Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahaha!! That's great.
Puzzles are addicting!
I also have one I am ready to do...soon!
Nancy

Cherie Moore said...

Hahaha, not sorry!!! The puzzle is coming along beautifully 😀

Kathy said...

When a puzzle is started, there is no hope of anything else taking priority...even Christmas. I TRY to wait until after Christmas dinner to start one, but puzzles are definitely addicting!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Gotta love Cherie! That's a terrific puzzle. I had never seen a puzzle board - now I want one!

Ruth said...

What a great puzzle choice for you!! That's a marvelous puzzle board, too. I, too have been putting off starting a puzzle because of all the other things I have to get busy on...

Bridget said...

Our house can't wait to chuck the Christmas tree out the door and set up the puzzle table. Puzzles are always a gift in our house. That and I will get binding on two quilts next week.

rondiquilts said...

A kind friend to follow up with a puzzle for you. They are addicting. Did you or your friend know that the artist that created this puzzle scene is the same artist that did your puzzle from May, 2021? The oranges and birds? Genine Zlatkis. I love her pieces. Puzzles are addicting. And in reference to quilting kind of a letdown too, you place that last puzzle piece in and think "its all over, what now", like putting the last stitch in the binding.
Rondi
rondiquilts@yahoo.com

Shepherdess55 said...

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you all the best in 2023.