Saturday, December 24, 2022

A Christmas Gift

My Christmas gift for you is a story.

Way back in 2006 Millie and I participated in a Secret Paw. I sent a package to cats in California. I made some catnip sachets and kitty treats, but I included a box of Swiss Fudge from Van Otis Chocolates for Michelle, the woman who owned them. Michelle wrote to thank me for the gifts for the cats and the chocolates.

"Those chocolates are evil," she wrote. "EVIL, EVIL little chocolates. Send more."

I laughed and laughed.

Ever since then, when Millie and I had some kind of contest, we always sent the winner a small box of the "evil little chocolates." They were always a big hit. 

 

When Megan (from Sydney Australia) came to NH to visit way back in 2016, I made sure to have a box of the evil little chocolates to give her. You can see her reaction above.

When Julie came to visit this past summer, we made a special trip to Van Otis chocolates in town so we could buy some. I prefer the Milk Chocolate and Julie likes the Dark Chocolate.

Every year my company has a Holiday Festival. There are several gift baskets, chocolates, gift cards, pet baskets, etc for raffle, and we "earn" extra tickets by doing fun things (Wearing an ugly sweater, making a gingerbread house, bringing an ornament for the tree, etc.) My colleague Andrea put together the chocolate box, and went to Van Otis to get the things for it. I told her the story of the Evil Little Chocolates. We laughed, and then later I saw the giant basket of chocolates, and this package of 12 Days of Swiss Fudge!! Wow!

I put all my tickets in the chocolate basket, but I didn't win it. Andrea did.

I wasn't at work that day, and I was out the next one too, but when I got back Andrea dropped by my office and gave ME the package of the Swiss Fudge!

Here is what Andrea told me, "When I put the basket together, I wanted to win it. And I decided that if I won the basket, I would give you the box of Swiss Fudge. I won the basket. This box of Swiss Fudge is for you."

I thought it was the loveliest gift.

Merry Christmas.




6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Greetings to you, in the frozen North. Swiss Fudge, a delight at any time. Merry Christmas.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Merry Christmas Lynne!

Just Ducky said...

Merry Christ-mouse Miss Lynne. That is the true meaning of Christ-mouse, being kind and generous to others. Purrs and hugs from mum.

Cherie Moore said...

Thank you for the wonderful story….one of the best kind of Christmas presents :). Evil Little Chocolates, lol.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely AND delicious! Lovely co-worker, too. Merry Christmas 🎁

Mickey's Musings said...

The world needs evil chocolates ;)
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy new Year!!
Nancy and purrs from Julie