Sunday, December 4, 2022

JOY

 


I started my Holiday decorating. I brought the decorations out from the closet, and I went to the big box hardware store and bought some poinsettias. Heh!

This little pointsettia is on my bedside table next to photographs of my son and DIL and DGG. But that’s not what I want to show you.

I decided to make a cover for the small pillow for the red chair in my living room. I wanted to make something with letters, and the word JOY would fit perfectly. Plus I had a good selection of red holiday fabrics with which to work.

Here is the finished pillow on the chair.


It looks great! I got a small nutcracker and displayed it on the small table nearby with a Holiday Gizzy quilt.

The letters I make are “free-pieced” meaning they aren’t made with traditional patterns or templates. I wrote a tutorial to make these letters too. The tutorial shows you how to make all 26 letters in the alphabet, both upper and lower case, as well as numbers. You can get it at my Etsy shop as well. Click on the bird in the sidebar and it will bring you to my Etsy shop.








5 comments:

Just Ducky said...

A few? Wowza, a plant for every room, plus one to go to work with you?

Quiltdivajulie said...

The new pillow looks "just right" in the red chair. And hooray for your holiday decorating - don't forget the twinkle lights (grin).

Janet said...

Beautiful, the plants bring joy to every room.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

The cushion turned out lovely! Enjoy!!

Ann said...

There are some gorgeous poinsettias at the store near me. I need to pick up a few. Thanks. And I love the Joy pillow.