Thursday, October 27, 2022

Oh Say Can You See?

 

I can't imagine this round fixture was ever popular or stylish, but it must have been cheap, because my house had four of them!! No longer.

The new fixture is a low profile LED bright white.

I got the same one for the front hallway.

When I bought the house eight years ago there were two round fluorescent light fixtures in the kitchen, and the one in the middle of the room didn't even work.

 This "shabby chic" fixture hung in the dining room which barely put out any light.

Less than a month after moving in I replaced both fixtures.

 

The one over the sink was so bright, I never bothered replacing the one in the middle of the room, but after replacing the range hood this year, I noticed it did not illuminate the room as well as the old one did,

So I replaced it (same electrician, btw), and now the room is nice and bright.

This is the light fixture that now hangs in my main bathroom shower room and big closet. Both rooms had that icky round fixture I showed at the beginning of this post.
 


 Yup, a BIG improvement, and I can see just fine, and the fixtures are easy on the eyes too.

3 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Jose! I can see!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh yeah - light (and the fixtures) definitely matter!!

Mystic Quilter said...

A great idea - so important to have good lighting, especially in those darker hallways and so on.