Sunday, September 18, 2022

A Small Diversion

 

It's not unusual for me to have a lot of things going on, but it doesn't mean they don't annoy me. 

 

The Sweet Sixteen quilt has been sitting on the chair in my studio for some time,

I decided to try it on the dining room table. I liked the way it looked, so I dug in the studio for some possible binding options.

Years ago during the selvage quilt fad I stripped the selvages from fabric in my stash. This fabric didn't have a selvage on it,so it's been in my stash for some time.

I got right to work cutting the strips and sewing them together.

Then I added them to the quilt. I'll be sewing the binding to the front while I watch TV.

6 comments:

MissPat said...

I like the backing fabric, too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent table quilt!

Michele in Harrisburg said...

It looks lovely on your table. And so cheerful 😊

Ruth said...

I love that quote!! Strange how often a project sits around for, er um, months and then when I finally sit down and do it, it takes almost no time at all. Then there are the projects that sit for years and DO take forever to finish! I have one going now...

Sue said...

Wow, the colors in this are Amazing!! Really Lovely... I love the binding too... It really does feel wonderful to complete projects...

Ann said...

It's a lovely quilt. The striped binding is perfect; always a favorite of mine.