Monday, September 12, 2022

A Pinkish Bird

 

I am getting back into sewing after spending so much time redecorating. I am done with the renovations for the foreseeable future, so I'll be in the studio more. Here is my newest pink bird. The wing fabric is part of an ombre digital print. I'm sure I'll be using variants of this fabric for more birds.

Here's a pink hummingbird. My friend Barb made the first hummer, and I haven't got the proportions, or the way to make hummers "wired" in my head yet, so this guy is a bit clunky, but I;ll figure it out.


 

Here are all my pinkish birds on the design wall. They aren't arranged yet, but here you can see the scale of the flamingos. I really like the way they look, and the way they relate to each other. (Translation: I like their size, and the negative space between them.)

4 comments:

MissPat said...

The wing on the larger pink bird is eye-catching.

Quiltdivajulie said...

As you figure out the hummer process, how about one facing the opposite direction (grin - since I am horrible at that part).

Hubblebird said...

I forgot all about the pink birds. So glad you are ‘in the pink’ and moving this along. As usual, it looks gorgeous.

Ann said...

I hope to encourage some hummingbirds to visit us. The feeders are out but I need to change some plantings, too.