Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Fourth Quarter

 

This is the fourth quarter of the black and white scrap slab triangle quilt. The blocks are sewn into rows, but the rows haven't been sewn together yet. That ought to happen this weekend. 

Here is the whole thing on my design wall. It's funny to think that 7 seams will be all it takes to finish it. It will probably get a border, but I don't know whether it will be black or white yet.

What I can tell you is that I really like what I did with the light fabrics - making the white shapes irregular and interesting, and making the basic block disappear. I'm always impressed with all the different ways this quilt can go together. You can see my other Scrap Slab Triangle quilts here.

 

I've been reading. I discovered the Bruno,Chief of Police books by Martin Walker a few years ago and have been slowly working my way through them. I've been trying to space them out to prolong my enjoyment of them. The newest one has just been released. I just finished the penultimate book, so I'll wait a bit before I get into the newest one.

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the fabrics are so delightful that it is just fun to look them all over.