Thursday, June 16, 2022

It's About Quilts

 

By the end of our time together, I had made 115 scrap slab triangles and Julie had made over 230! She'll tell you about hers later, on her blog.

On our last full day together, we visited my long arm quilter, Janet-Lee, and picked up the Defying Gravity scrap slab triangle quilt.

Here you can see the quilting design.

This is a detail. This is the quilt that uses the slabs, which are made up from scraps. This quilt pattern is a great way to make quilts from scraps - and they don't even have to be yours! Julie left with enough scrap slab triangles to make TWO quilts - and they were all from my discard bins.

Julie wanted a map of New Hampshire so she could see where everything was in relation to each other. So I gave her a highlighter and told her to highlight all the routes we took. As you can see, we covered the state pretty well. 

Every night I crossed off the day's itinerary. We did a LOT of stuff!

This picture of us was taken in front of my house. Julie went home on Wednesday, after we shipped a couple of boxes full of stuff back to her house (fabric, extra clothes, the goodies we bought, etc.)

We had a grand time!





6 comments:

Buffy said...

So glad you had such a wonderful week together, Lynne and Julie! Covering so much of the state of NH, I hope you saw some of their terrific barns in your travels.

Just Ducky said...

Glad you had a wonderful visit together.

Quiltdivajulie said...

We saw SO many barns, enjoyed the beauty of many side roads (in addition to the scenery along the distance traveled via interstates), shared delicious meals at Lynne's house and al fresco from the cooler, and visited a LOT of interesting places. It was an amazing adventure! Hard to believe we managed to get so much into just over six days. Thank you, Lynne - it was grand indeed.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I zoomed in on the map and was a nice surprise to see so many town names of places that I know in England. I guess when settlers first moved to these places many moons ago they just names their new home after the town/city they were born in.
Good to see your travels, making many happy memories together :)

JustGail said...

What a great week! How can something I read about wear me out and energize (at least mentally) me at the same time? Defying Gravity is gorgeous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! That was a LOT of driving for ONE week!!! It looked like a wonderful visit, though. SEW glad that you two enjoyed your adventures together, Lynne!