Sunday, June 19, 2022

Defying Gravity gets Bound

 

This is the Defying Gravity Quilt. It's a scrap slab triangle quilt. You can get the tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. 

 

Julie and I spent our time together making slabs and cutting triangles to make versions of this quilt.


 What's fun about this quilt, aside from the fact that you can make it into any number of designs, is that is uses your scraps.

This is the binding fabric. It's all flowers, but I thought it would be fun if I laid it out like piano keys.

Although I worked on this for a few hours the other night, I forgot to take pictures while I was working.

After I sew the binding on the back of the quilt, I fold it over to the front, and pin it all the way around. You can find out how and why I do it this way. I have a tutorial for that too.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Beautiful all over, and the swirls in the quilting, truly the perfect addition along with the fab binding,.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice fabric choice for the binding.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very upbeat and fresh! Great finish!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love this quilt - and I am happy you went with this binding. It suits the quilt perfectly! (and I've already made one batch of scrappy slab triangles here at home to go with the ones in the box due tomorrow)

Vicki in MN said...

What a scrappy beauty it is!!